High Plains Heritage Foundation announces $4,000 available to match gifts on Giving Tuesday
High Plains Heritage Foundation Giving Tuesday is a 24-hour event that encourages everyone to contribute to Southwest Kansas and Oklahoma Panhandle nonprofit organizations through a matching program on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021. The HPHF Giving Tuesday, in partnership with area nonprofit organizations, is planned to coordinate with the movement to create a national day of giving on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
“The purpose of High Plains Heritage Giving Tuesday is to promote philanthropy in Southwest Kansas and the Oklahoma Panhandle. Every donation given makes a bigger impact because nonprofits also get a share of a $4,000 challenge match fund. This year, the HPH Foundation decided to use $2,000 in undesignated funds to match the $2,000 provided by an anonymous donor to be able to increase the number of non-profits that can benefit from this program.,” said Kay Burtzloff, chair of the HPH Foundation.
The HPH Foundation primarily serves the Kansas counties of Stanton, Grant, Haskell, Morton, Stevens, Seward and Meade, and in the Panhandle, Cimarron, Texas and Beaver counties.
“It’s important to understand that the foundation serves the area, and all of its citizens can benefit from its services,” said Burtzloff.
The rules for HPH Foundation Giving Tuesday are:
1. Organizations cannot donate to themselves.
2. Credit card, debit card, cash, check, and money order donations are eligible for the match. In-kind gifts are not.
3. Each gift is 100 percent tax-deductible and irrevocable. There is no maximum amount for donations but the minimum amount is $10.
4. Only the first $200 of a gift is eligible for matching funds, limited to one per household per organization.
5. Each organization is limited to $500 in match funds.
6. Nonprofit organizations recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) public charities located in the High Plains Heritage Foundation’s focus region are eligible to
receive the matching donations, however, houses of worship and their foundations are excluded from participating in the guidelines set up by the
How does it work?
1. Online donations to participating charities will be accepted from 12:00 a.m. on Nov. 30 to 11:59 p.m. Central Time Nov. 30. Online donations may be made via PayPal at www.hphfgive.com, High Plains Heritage Foundation. While the online donation button is currently live, only donations during this time period will qualify.
2. Cash, checks, or money orders may be delivered in person at the High Plains Heritage Foundation office at 21 Plaza Drive, Suite 3, in Liberal, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Checks or money orders may be mailed toHPH Foundation, PO Box 1278, Liberal KS, 67901. All donations must be postmarked by Nov. 30 at the latest to be considered for the match. However, the match will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis
Checks must be written to “High Plains Heritage Foundation” with the nonprofit name specified in the memo line. If donating to multiple nonprofits, write one check for the total and bring a separate list of nonprofits and amounts to each. All donations are final and cannot be refunded. Nonprofit organizations will receive their donations plus a 1:1 dollar match from the challenge match fund up to the first $200 of the donation.
HPHF is unable to accept gifts from IRA accounts for Giving Tuesday because of IRS restrictions on IRA qualifying distributions.
For questions or additional information, contact Kay Burtzloff at the Foundation by phone at 620-626-7733, fax at 888-445-0304 or email at email@example.com.